Mike is a Founding and Managing Partner of Tide Creek Financial Group. He is responsible for the firm's investment policy, as well as leading the firm's financial planning operations.
As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional Mike provides comprehensive financial services to his clients. He creates custom financial plans that are tailored to his clients’ specific circumstances and goals.
Mike primarily works with small business owners, successful professionals, and recent retirees. He is also an accomplished presenter, providing financial education and retirement planning workshops to major corporations and universities in the Maryland/Washington, DC region.
“I enjoy helping people feel confident in their finances. My clients call me before making decisions because they know I will help them make choices that will ultimately lead them to their goals.”
In 2003, Mike partnered with Chris Varlotta to form The Havlik & Varlotta Group, an office of MetLife. In 2015, Mike and Chris hired a team and transformed their company into Tide Creek Financial Group, signifying the growth of their partnership.
A graduate of Salisbury University, Mike studied finance and economics. Over the years, Mike has taken great pride in helping every individual, family, and business client make smart financial decisions. When not helping clients with financial matters, Mike enjoys nearly any type of outdoor activity and resides in Gambrills, MD with his wife.
- Salisbury University, B.S. in Business Administration and Finance, 2001
- The American College, Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) Curriculum, 2006
- The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Board of Standards, Inc., 2012
- The American College, Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) Curriculum, 2015
Designations & Awards
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)