Michael A. Cammarata, ChFC®, CFP®
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Professional, Financial Services Representative
Michael Cammarata is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM professional who holds a degree in Finance with an upbringing
in Baltimore County, Maryland that truly sets him apart as an advisor and consultant.
Mike’s dad owned a printing company in the Highlandtown neighborhood of Baltimore City. His mom was the CFO and bookkeeper. For many years the business thrived with his dad’s hard work and the dedication of five employees. Once desktop publishing revolutionized printing, Mike’s dad had to lay off staff and his mom took on a second job. There was a lot of stress at home and his dad’s health suffered.
When the time came to cease business operations and sell the building and equipment, Mike had a striking realization: his dad had spent so much time working in his business, he didn’t have time to work on his business. Mike wondered how things could have been different — and better — if his parents had worked with a professional financial advisor. This launched his passion to help small business owners plan for success.
When you hear the term “financial advisor,” you probably think of someone who manages your money for you, but that’s not what Mike brings to the table. Mike adds value to small and medium size business owners by serving as their outsourced CFO and consultant.
He looks strategically at protecting a growing enterprise, attracting and retaining key employees, growing the owner’s personal net worth and planning for life beyond the business. Mike has tools that can measure the businesses potential enterprise value and where the businesses value could be based on 18 key drivers. Mike works with the business owner on the drivers that will most greatly impact the business moving forward.
“Beyond my degree, professional designations and 12 years of experience, I understand small business needs because I come from a family of business owners,” Mike explains. “I’m a business owner myself, so I understand making payroll, keeping clients/customers happy, finding new clients/customers and being ready for the unexpected. The small business market is seriously
under served in this realm, but it’s my specialty. I start by listening. I want to understand how your business started, how it developed and where it is today. Next I learn where you want the business to be and what may be stopping it from getting there. My business perspective is both learned and lived, so I ‘get’ the challenges you face. If you’re spending so much time working in your business that you don’t have time to work on your business, we should talk.”
- The University of Baltimore, B.S. in Business Administration and Finance, 2003
- The American College, Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®) Curriculum, 2014
- The American College, Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) Curriculum, 2016
- The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Board of Standards, Inc., 2018
Designations & Awards
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®)
Memberships & Affiliations
- University of Baltimore Alumni Association
- Central Maryland Chamber, 2nd Vice Chairman
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Howard County Human Resources Society (HoCo HRS), Treasurer
- Chesapeake Human Resource Association (CHRA)
- Anne Arundel SHRM (ASHRM)