Mark MacInnis, RICP®
Financial Planner, Financial Services Representative
With a passion for helping people, Mark has been instrumental in leading a team of successful advisors and staff providing the right solutions at the right time. Mark’s team can assist from college funding strategies to the intricate details of complicated estate planning.
Starting off in the business in 2002, Mark has grown a team with a sound business plan that includes client seminars, appreciation events, and getting involved in the community. He moved his practice from Philadelphia to Richmond in 2012 for family reasons. Mark merged his practice with The Havlik & Varlotta Group in 2015, forming what is now the Tide Creek Financial Group.
Mark was awarded the financial advisor of the year in 2012 and 2013 with Carolina Capital Management, covering Virginia and the Carolina’s.
In 2015, Mark was named one of the top “4 under 40” for the state of Virginia recognizing the top 4 advisors under the age of 40.
Mark’s team focuses on 3 groups of people.
- Small business owners and professionals From attorneys and doctors to business executives and other professionals, understanding the needs in a changing environment is vital to position oneself for the future.
- Public school teachers and administrators The educational environment is constantly evolving. Staying on top of the issues and providing solutions in a timely fashion are paramount.
- Individuals with estate planning and retirement needs Tax laws change every year. In order to play the game, one must understand the rules. Putting strategies in place for one to leverage the possibilities is vital to staying on top of the changes.
Mark and his wife, Kelly, have 4 kids (Elaina 11, Evan 9, Kayla 5, and Lyla 2). Mark graduated Magna Cum Laude from Virginia Tech and has given back by coaching high school wrestling. In his free time, Mark’s passion is backpacking. He has ventured throughout North America, Europe, and Asia with some of his favorite highlights in Prague, Portugal, and islands off the coast of Thailand.
- Magna Cum Laude, Virginia Tech University, 2001
- The American College, Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®) Curriculum, 2015
Designations & Awards
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®)
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Virginia Chapter, Top 4 under 40, 2015